Ray J. Chen, US citizen
Full-Stack (back-end and front-end) C#.NET (also, C++ and C) Solution Developer
- Full-stack (flexible) C#.NET (also, C++ and C) developer with 25 years of productive experience
- Flexible for back-end/front-end, huge/regular, new/existed projects; or solving very-tough/old/new bugs... in many computer languages
- Solved complicated issues with simpler solutions for so many times
- You can click any underlined clause below to see details/evidence
Selected IT Certificates (11 of 14):
Selected skills (years):
3/2016-10/12/2018, C#.NET Software Developer, BeyondTrust, Aliso Viejo, CA
- Back-end: already validated all available Vulnerability Audit Backend Product use cases with exact error positions and detail reasons (thousands). No code bug found yet.
- Front-end: Finished all eleven (11) Vulnerability OpenXML Word Reports (can be up to thousands of pages): PCI Compliance, Summary, Vulnerability Export, Regulatory Compliance, Discovery, NonCompliant, IAVA, Remediation, Access, and so on. No code bug found yet.
- Audit Backend Syntaxes: Found and corrected several Wiki documentation errors; suggested many Wiki additions and updates; prepared a list (classification) of all use cases together.
- TFS Source control: checking-in, merging up and down almost daily.
- Flexible: when changed from front-end to back-end, quickly enhanced assignment-related-only skills: Vulnerability Audit Data Syntaxes, Wiki, MVC 5.0, Regular Expressions, SQL Servers, Python, Entity Frameworks, related PowerShell, C#, ASP.NET, and so on.
- More flexible now: after completing both the back-end validation project for all available Vulnerability Audit Product use cases and the front-end project.
- Created and made assigned HTML Reports work well with dynamic sorting (clicking a header to sort a column without any re-scan for sorting. and so on).
- Passed all BeyondTrust common security training courses in 2018
- Note: Bomgar (www.bomgar.com) acquired BeyondTrust (posted on 09/13/2018). I was laid-off on 10/12/2018 due to the acquisition.
2014-2015, Senior .NET Consultant, FujiTec America, Mason, OH
- Finished Service Maintenance Estimate & SSRS reports
- Finished 2 ERP software products (General Contractor Submittal & Material Order Checklist) with nested grid-views
- Maintained and updated legacy .Net 2.0 (C# and VB.NET) code to latest technologies
- Fixed many bugs, and improved performance significantly
2013-2014, Senior .NET Developer, Cincom Systems, Cincinnati, OH
- Obtained MCP for Dynamic CRM 2011 Installation & Deployment in 2 weeks (3/2013)
- Simplified and improved performance significantly for several projects (such as workflows, discounting, pricing engine, and so on). For example, I simplified 75 complicated workflow conditions to 6 simpler conditions.
- Wrote discount software, pricing engine, custom revise software, reusable jQuery custom controller, CAD mapping, and so on
2012-2013, Senior .NET Consultant, Sekuworks, Harrison, OH
2011-2012, Senior C# ASP.NET Consultant, Eli Lilly & Company , Indianapolis, IN
- Sped up a wiki page builder application (23226 genes) by more than 90%
- Transferred Oracle database data to SQL Server database
2005-2011, .NET Software Instructor, Software School of Xiamen University , China
- Was the sole instructor for all C# ASP.NET projects and courses for the 700+ students at the school for the five full years (2005-2010)
- Obtained the highest evaluation from the students at the software school
- Taught compiler technology and projects (2006-2010)
- Taught UX UI (2005-2007)
- Taught parallel and distributed network algorithms/projects (2007-2010)
- Published open source solution code (C#/VC++/C++/C) in USA, England, Italy,India and China, respectively (2009-2012)
- Tech lead for a hands-on programming team
2004-2005, Co-investor & Senior .NET Software Engineer, Intangi Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
2003-2004, Data Mining Consultant, IBM Data Prep: 3D optical proximity correction process, VT
- Added C/C++/PERL/MACRO call features (tools/library) to reduce up to 99% of 3D optical proximity correction shape layout file memory (gigabytes), and to make the files neater.
2001-2002, Senior 3D .NET Software Engineer, Boston Instruments, Waltham, MA
- Built up a 3D object model from a set of 2D images.
2000-2001, Senior .NET Software Engineer, Perceptive Networks , Waltham, MA
- Programmed GUI for a MIT-patent face detection system successfully
1992-2000, Senior Software Engineer, Sperry (formerly Pandrol Jackson Tech, Headquarter Charter plc, UK), Danbury, CT USA
- Designed and programmed the first real-time 3D pattern recognition in the world for rail flaw ultrasonic detection systems (the data was megabytes/sec at that time). The software has tested more than 65% of American railroads and 100% of Chinese railroads since 1995, product
- Organized parallel ultrasonic data (Mbytes/sec) inputs into 24 parallel multithreads to recognize 3D flaws
- Received the (company) President Award for programming the very profitable 3D software product above
1990-1992, Data Mining Software Architect, Argent Software, Torrington, CT
- Programmed a data compression product by optimizing some algorithms in “Timothy C. Bell, John G. Cleary, Ian H. Witten, Text Compression, ISBM 0-13-911991-4”
1982-1988, Instructor, Xiamen Commercial School, China
- Authored (editor-in-chief ) a database textbook in 1988
- Taught Basic and Database for 6 years
- 1990, MS in applied math , Auburn U, AL, USA (GPA: 4.0/4.0 ). Algorithms. MS thesis: A comparison of the fast Fourier transform and the fast Hartley transform algorithms. Fortran Programmer: a NASA project, 1988-1989.
- 1994-1995,one-year advanced study in computer science, Xiamen U, China ( GPA: 4.0/4.0 ). Database
- 1982,BS in math, Xiamen U, China ( GPA: 3.7/4.0). Math (space analytic geometry). BS thesis: The total curvatures of 3D curves
- 1977-1978,one-year advanced study in veterinarian, Jiangsu Agriculture College, China (GPA: 4.0/4.0). Meat sanitation check
Swimming, 3-6 miles a week
Software coding (solutions / debugging), I enjoy it as playing games
Playing chess (I can play chess without seeing the chess board)