Ray J. Chen, US citizen
Flexibel Full-Stack Solution Programmer or Developer
- US citizen with 18 years of productive (industrial) experience
- Very flexible full-stack developer for back-end/front-end/middle-tier, huge/regular, new/existing projects; or solving very-tough/old/new bugs
- You can click any underlined clause below to see details/evidence
- I am NOT looking for a job now, please do NOT call/email me. Thanks
Fifteen (15) IT Programming Certificates:
- Microsoft Certificates
- WWW Certificates
- Learning-tree Certificates
- SUN Certificates
- New Certificate(s) if needed
- Will take job-related certification exams when asked: I am a flexible & quick learner
- For example, I took and passed 6 WWW certification exams within 3 months in 2017
Selected skills (years):
.NET Framework 1.1-4.7 (16y), C# (16y), VC++ (10y), MFC (4y), VB.NET (3y), ASP.NET(16y), Web Service (6y), SQL Server (12y), T-SQL (9y), Entity Frameworks (8y), ADO.NET (9y), Ajax (6y), LINQ (8y), WinForms (7y), TFS (10y), SSRS(2y), SSIS(1y), WCF (3y), ASP.NET MVC (4y), ASP.NET Web API 2 (1y), WPF(2y), WF (2y), OpenXML (3y), Microsoft Dynamic CRM & SDK (2y), PowerShell (1y), Silverlight (1y), Telerik(1y), Azure Cloud-computing(1y), Visual Studio (12y), IIS (10y), COM (3Y), DCOM (1y), and so on;
- Version Controller-related skills:
TFS (10y), SVN (2y), VSS (2y), Clear Case (1y), GIT (1y), GitHub (1y), and so on;
Design Patterns (4y), IoC (4y), Reports (5y), Agile/Scrum (8y), Linux (1y), Unix (3y), Algorithms (20y), Agile/Scrum (8y), SQL (12y), C (10y), C++ (12y), ERP (9y), eCommerce(3y), Oracle (4y), SDLC (18y), JAVA (3y), Mobile Application (1y), Cloud-computing (1y), Machine Learning & Pattern Recognition (8y), PCI (1y), n-tier systems (9y), and so on
2019, Data Engineer, Providence Health Searvice, Anaheim, CA
2016-2018, C#.NET Software Developer, BeyondTrust, Aliso Viejo, CA
- Developed validation software for all available Vulnerability Audit Backend Product use cases (more than 46000 cases) with exact error positions and detail reasons (thousands).
- Used C# .NET (mainly based on Wiki document or C/C++ source code, also referred to earlier Python code).
- Reviewed, enhanced, learned, and understood product-environment-related technologies such as Regular Expressions, SQL Servers, Python, Entity Frameworks, related PowerShell, ASP.NET MVC 5.2, ASP.NET API 2, and so on.
- Finished all eleven (11) Vulnerability OpenXML Word Reports (can be up to thousands of pages): PCI Compliance, Summary, Vulnerability Export, Regulatory Compliance, Discovery, Non-Compliant, IAVA, Remediation, Access, and so on.
- Reviewed and enhanced product-related technologies with latest. Took and passed 6 WWW certificate exams.
- Note: Bomgar (www.bomgar.com) acquired BeyondTrust (posted in 09/2018). I was laid-off in 10/2018 due to the reduction in force
2014-2015, C#.NET Consultant, FujiTec America, Mason, OH
2013-2014, Senior C#.NET Developer, Cincom Systems, Cincinnati, OH
Obtained MCP for Dynamic CRM 2011 Installation & Deployment in 2 weeks (3/2013)
Simplified and improved performance significantly for several projects. For example, I simplified 75 complicated workflow conditions to 6 simpler conditions.
Wrote discount software, pricing engine, custom revise software, reusable jQuery custom controller, CAD mapping, and so on
2011-2012, C#.NET Consultant, Eli Lilly & Company , Indianapolis, IN
2005-2011, C#.NET Instructor, Software School of Xiamen University , China
- Was the instructor for all C# ASP.NET projects and courses at the school for the five full years (2005-2010)
- Obtained high evaluation from the students
- Taught compiler technology and projects (2006-2010)
- Taught UX GUI (2005-2007)
- Taught parallel and distributed network algorithms/projects (2007-2010)
- Designed & programmed the world fastest permutation software
2003-2004, Chip Design Data Mining Consultant, IBM Data Prep: 3D optical proximity correction process, VT
2001-2002, Software Developer, Boston Instruments, Waltham, MA
1992--2000, Senior Software Engineer, Speery (foemerly Pandrol Jackson Tech, Headquarter Charter plc, UK), Danbury, CT USA
Designed and programmed the first real-time 3D pattern recognition (machine learning) in the world for rail flaw ultrasonic detection systems (the data was megabytes/sec at that time). The software has tested more than 65% of US railroads and 100% of Chinese railroads since 1995, product
Organized ultrasonic data input into 24 parallel multithreads to recognize 3D flaws; the Microsoft C/VC++ software was embedded into flash memery
- Receive the (company) President Award for the 3D pattern recognition software
1990-1992, Data Mining Software Developer, Argent Software, Torrington, CT
- Programmed a data compression product by optimizing two (2) algorithms in “Timothy C. Bell, John G. Cleary, Ian H. Witten, Text Compression, ISBM 0-13-911991-4”
1982-1988, Instructor, Xiamen Commercial School, China
- Authored (editor-in-chief ) a database textbook in 1988
- Taught Database for 6 years
- 1990, MS in applied math, Auburn U, AL, USA (GPA: 4.0/4.0 ). Algorithms.
- 1994-1995,one-year advanced study in computer science, Xiamen U, China ( GPA: 4.0/4.0 ). Database
- 1982, BS in math, Xiamen U, China ( GPA: 3.7/4.0). 3D
Swimming, 3-6 miles a week
Software coding (solutions / debugging), I enjoy it as playing games
Playing chess (I can play chess without seeing the chess board)